Google

Friday, June 24, 2005

General : Things I've Noticed.

After 2 months of inactivity on the anime community, I've been revisiting blogs around to see what's hot and what's not. The general consensus I've reached is that this new season of anime has been quite lacklustre than the previous season.

One of the few titles that seem promising is Honey & Clover based on comments reached on Garten's post. I've also caught the 1st episode of Basilisk and it seems interesting but sadly has been licensed. I could hunt down the subs but I'll just get it from my fellow otaku, Kazuki. Loveless has also been garnering some nice comments so I might go get it, if I get the chance.

Based on my observations, Mahoraba seems to be going strong as well, which explains why I'm now mass downloading 9-18 from Froth-Bite. I'm having limited time to download any of the things I want though. Luckily now I have my broadband back in my house as my dad finally paid the bill as I'm going to be in Melaka for a long time. I guess the only good thing is I can come back on weekends and d/l all I want for that span of time. I'm going to catch up on Bleach and A!MS when I get the chance.

On the downside, Tsubasa Chronicle has been living up to my early expectations (and most people also(the Sakura seiyuu bashers) ) and flopping spectacularly. I don't really dare to say it solidly as I've only watched as far as the 3rd episode. But my opinion on them was also " good music, bad art and bad storytelling". I'll stick to the manga for now. I will get the OST though, can't resist Yuki Kajiura.

On the RL side of things, with anime deprivation, I've been going around with friends to cinemas and watching some of the more hyped shows from Hollywood. I've caught the full Star Wars series (except for VI, stupid scratched DVD) and I'm quite inclined to say, it deserves the attention. It's quite anime-istic though, with the Force and lightsabers.

Another movie I've seen recently was Mr. & Mrs. Smith. It was surprisingly good enough for me to watch it twice. Angelina and Pitt really have some good chemistry with each other (justifying the Bradgelina rumours) which was really the centerpiece of the show. I'm also finding that some movie critics nowadays are really strict people. They're bashing M&M Smith for the "lack of plot" and "no background info" and blah blah.. etc. I'd say they really just can't let their pants down.

But for me, my love will always be with the eastern side of the world, with anime and manga taking the centerpiece of my entertainment.

Now, off to find http anime hosts.